Our Tutor Training programme provides you with the knowledge and confidence to deliver Leadership Qualifications while also keeping your personal development fresh and up to date.
Tutor Training is suitable for any Tutor who will be delivering a leadership course in sport, dance, STEM, esports or the Leaderships Skills Programme.
If you are leading any of our Lowland Expedition Leadership courses, please access the alternative training, which includes more specifics on additional requirements for these qualifications. You can access Lowland Expedition Leadership training here.
We have recently changed the way we deliver Tutor Training to provide a more inclusive, flexible, and easily accessible way of becoming a Tutor with us.
From 8th August 2022, we are excited to now offer e-Learning in place of in-person learning and webinars.
This new format will give Tutors the opportunity to keep their personal development fresh and up to date from the comfort of their own classroom or home. Moreover, it recognises the strain currently placed on budgets and hopes to alleviate that by reducing the need for travel to in-person training or the need for refresher training every two years.
How Tutor Training is now offered:
We will now support Tutors to get all the information needed to follow processes through access to short bite-sized videos. These will be accessible at a time and place that suits individual Tutors through our online learning platform (Moodle).
During training, Tutors will develop an understanding of:
- Tutor/Assessor: the role and responsibilities of being a Tutor/Assessor
- What the other roles at your Centre are and how you will work alongside them
- How to plan a course
- How you will deliver your course
- How you are required to assess learners
- What you will need to do when you have completed your course
- What the Quality Assurance process is for you as a Tutor/Assessor
The Tutor Training Process is Simple and Easy
- Register on the SLQ Sports Leaders Moodle platform.
- Make sure to use the same email address that was used to register you as a Tutor when your Centre was registered with us. You will also be required to provide the details of your Centre name and Centre ID number so have these handy. Access Moodle using this link. Please note, this is a different system to LEAP and you will need to create a login if you have not accessed this before.
- Watch a video to get all the information you need to deliver and assess your course. It can be watched wherever, whenever and as many times as you like.
- Complete the online Knowledge Check
A short quiz to check your understanding of the video. Successfully completing this will mean being awarded Trained Tutor/Assessor status.
- Download your Certificate
You can keep a copy for own personal development records.
Tutor Training is accessible and free to all staff within approved SLQ Sports Leaders Centres. There’s no limit on how many Tutors within you Centres access Tutor Training, although you need at least one person trained as a minimum.
Delivery Qualifications from SLQ Sports Leaders can start as soon as you have a Tutor/Assessor who has completed the training and knowledge check to achieve Trained Tutor Status. Click the button below to go to the Moodle platform and begin your Tutor Training journey.