What does Tutor Training look like?
All Tutor/Assessors and Internal Verifiers for Lowland Leadership (Outdoors) Qualifications must possess at least one of the following personal leadership awards/qualifications:
• Summer Mountain Leader Award.
• Hill and Moorland Leader Award (or its predecessor the Walking Group Leader Award).
• Winter Mountain Leader Award.
• Mountain Instructor Award.
• Mountain Instructor Certificate.
• Joint Services Mountain Expedition Leader.
• South West Mountain and Moorland Scheme-Summer Mountain Leader plus the Camping Endorsement.
• Mountain Training Lowland Leader Award with the camping module.
• Summer Moorland Leader of the South West Mountain and Moorland Scheme (courses to be run in the South West only).
• Mountain training Lowland leader Award.
• Level 3 Certificate in Basic Expedition Leadership.
• BETA or BELA with a reference to show up to date experience and knowledge.
• South West Mountain and Moorland Scheme-Summer Mountain Leader plus the Camping Endorsement (courses must be run in South West only).
From August 2022 our Tutor Training is changing to better support Tutor/Assessors. Centres are still required to have a minimum of one Trained Tutor/Assessor but the way this is updated will change. There will no longer be live webinars to book onto. The last webinar date is scheduled for 12th July 2022.
Our new Tutor Training will provide you with a more flexible way of gaining the information you need to successfully run our leadership qualifications. The new training will be accessible at a time and date to suit you. Training will continue to be free to all staff within approved SLQ Sports Leader centres.
Look out for more detail coming soon via our Briefing for Centres and other communications from SLQ Sports Leaders.