Lowland Leadership Tutor Training give attendees an understanding of how expedition skills can be best delivered and assessed within each qualification's remit.
Tutor Training for the Lowland Leadership qualifications is in the format of an attended Tutor Training day.
The day itself will provide insight into the following:
- Level 2 & 3 Lowland Leadership qualifications
- Course delivery with Sports Leaders Lowland remit
- Navigation terminology
- Environmental impact
- Remote supervision
- Planning a course and assessment
- Recognition of prior experience/knowledge
- Overview of Centre responsibilities
- Quality Assurance/Internal Verification
- Customer Services overview
Forthcoming Tutor Training dates:
Venue click venue name for map view
Tutor Training starts at 09:15hrs (registration from 08:30hrs) and ends at 15:30hrs.
What have our centres said about Tutor Training Days?
"The group tasks where we feed back to others helped me with ideas. Also the quality assurance helped me understand what I need to provide as evidence."
NOTE - Tutor/Assessors and Internal Verifiers must possess at least one of the following personal leadership awards/qualifications:
• Summer Mountain Leader Award.
• Hill and Moorland Leader Award (or its predecessor the Walking Group Leader Award).
• Winter Mountain Leader Award.
• Mountain Instructor Award.
• Mountain Instructor Certificate.
• Joint Services Mountain Expedition Leader.
• South West Mountain and Moorland Scheme-Summer Mountain Leader plus the Camping Endorsement.
• Mountain Training Lowland Leader Award with the camping module.
• Summer Moorland Leader of the South West Mountain and Moorland Scheme (courses to be run in the South West only).
• Mountain training Lowland leader Award.
• Level 3 Certificate in Basic Expedition Leadership.
• BETA or BELA with a reference to show up to date experience and knowledge.
• South West Mountain and Moorland Scheme-Summer Mountain Leader plus the Camping Endorsement (courses must be run in South West only).