What does Tutor Training look like?
Tutor/Assessor training is accessible for free to all staff within an SLQ Centre.
It focuses on the role and function of a Tutor/Assessor (T/A).
The training is completed by accessing a Tutoring and Assessing Leadership Skills webinar.
Qualification delivery can start as soon as the T/A training has been completed. There is no limit on how many Tutors from within your Centre access the training.
The Tutoring and Assessing Leadership Skills webinars are available to book on:
|Tuesday 25th August - Scottish Centres||10am-12pm|
|Wednesday 2nd September||10am-12pm|
|Thursday 10th September||3.30pm-5.30pm|
|Wednesday 16th September||10am-12pm|
|Thursday 24th September - Scottish Centres||10am-12pm|
|Tuesday 29th September||3.30pm-5.30pm|
|Wednesday 7th October||3.30pm-5.30pm|
|Thursday 15th October||10am-12pm|
|Wednesday 21st October - Scottish Centres||3.30pm-5.30pm|
|Tuesday 27th October||10am-12pm|
Click on one of the selected dates above to book your place now.
NOTE - Tutor/Assessors and Internal Verifiers must possess at least one of the following personal leadership awards/qualifications:
• Summer Mountain Leader Award.
• Hill and Moorland Leader Award (or its predecessor the Walking Group Leader Award).
• Winter Mountain Leader Award.
• Mountain Instructor Award.
• Mountain Instructor Certificate.
• Joint Services Mountain Expedition Leader.
• South West Mountain and Moorland Scheme-Summer Mountain Leader plus the Camping Endorsement.
• Mountain Training Lowland Leader Award with the camping module.
• Summer Moorland Leader of the South West Mountain and Moorland Scheme (courses to be run in the South West only).
• Mountain training Lowland leader Award.
• Level 3 Certificate in Basic Expedition Leadership.
• BETA or BELA with a reference to show up to date experience and knowledge.
• South West Mountain and Moorland Scheme-Summer Mountain Leader plus the Camping Endorsement (courses must be run in South West only).