Our Sports Leadership qualifications are our most popular qualifications. Specially designed on an easy to administer framework, the qualifications are designed to use sport and physical activity to help young people develop and hone their leadership skills whilst helping themselves and others stay physically active.
Develop confident, healthy leaders through sport and physical activity.
Young people undertaking a qualification in Sports Leadership will learn and demonstrate important life skills such as effective communication and organisation whilst learning to lead basic physical activities to younger people, their peers, older generations and within the community.
The courses involve both guided & peer-to-peer learning and supervised leadership to ensure that learners have all the skills they need to lead basic physical activities to other people.
We offer qualifications in Sports Leadership at Level 1, 2 & 3 (4, 5 & 6 in Scotland) to ensure that your learners have a structured leadership pathway that helps them develop along the way. Our Level 2 Qualification in Community Sports Leadership (CSL2) is recognised in personal statements and our Level 3 Qualification in Sports Leadership (HSL3) even carries UCAS points!
Why is leadership so important to Senior Management staff in schools & colleges?
What do schools get from our qualifications?
- A cohort of students with a formally recognised qualification who are able to lead and assist in the delivery of sport and physical activity sessions
- A ready made, easy to deliver leadership framework which enables students to deliver structured and inclusive sport and physical activity sessions
- Extensive tutor resources that help tutors deliver engaging education sessions to aid student progression
- Session plans including “What makes a good leader?”, “How to effectively work in a team” and “How to become a good leader”
- Sessions are comprised of a mixture of discussion, exploration and practical learning delivered through easy to use PowerPoint resources
- An increase in students’ social and academic confidence
- More employable students due to increased skills and improved CVs
- Opportunities for peer-to-peer learning and development
Fantastic introductory offers for new Centres!
Packages are valid for one academic year.
To take up the introductory offers in your organisation, click the link below.
The sessions use sport to deliver fun and engaging physical activities with other students and within the community. Students will plan, lead and evaluate sports/physical activity sessions over a number of tutored hours and then demonstrate their leadership skills as part of their assessment.
Click below to download the information pack or product specifications.
- Level 1 Qualification in Sports Leadership
- Level 2 Qualification in Sports/Community Leadership
- Level 3 Qualification in Sports Leadership
- SCQF Level 4 Qualification in Sports Leadership (Scotland)
- SCQF Level 5 Qualification in Sports/Community Leadership (Scotland)
- SCQF Level 6 Qualification in Sports Leadership (Scotland)