Dance leadership is the perfect way to diversify your enrichment & leadership offer and engage less sporty students in physical activity and leadership.
Dance is one of the most popular physical activities for teenagers in the country and is also a fantastic way for them to develop and hone vital leadership skills.
The Level 1 & 2 Qualifications (Level 4 & 5 in Scotland) are easy to deliver and are particularly successful as a tool to improve students’ physical health & wellbeing via an alternative subject to sport.
With this cost-effective qualification you can create a troupe of confident, engaged Dance Leaders who can act as positive role models for other students and help with school and community drama productions while building their employability skills.
And all Centres delivering our qualifications have access to Skills Tracker, our online application for measuring and monitoring learners’ confidence in their skills throughout their courses.
Many young people develop a passion for dance at a young age, but there is a significant drop off in participation at secondary school. The Dance Leadership qualifications give your students the chance to rediscover their passion for dance whilst also gaining life changing skills and experience, becoming advocates for leadership and helping to engage their peers and younger students.
What do organisations get from our qualifications?
By introducing our Dance Leadership Qualifications, you can benefit in several ways, including: -
- A platform for learners to develop invaluable leadership skills
- Raise confidence and attainment amongst learners
- A ready-made, easy to deliver leadership framework, enabling learners to deliver structured and inclusive dance and physical activity sessions to their peer and community groups
- Learner Support Challenges developed to complement your learners’ qualifications, adding extra opportunities to build and demonstrate their skills
- Extensive tutor resources that help tutors deliver engaging education sessions to aid student progression
- Access to our online application for measuring and monitoring learners' progress through their course, Skills Tracker - click here to find out more about Skills Tracker
- Reduce physical inactivity (particularly amongst girls)
- Create positive rolemodels for younger learners and leaders who can contribute to school or community productions and work with primary aged children
- Improve learner and participant recruitment by offering awider range of extra-curricular activities
Fantastic introductory offers for new Centres!
Packages are valid for one academic year.
To take up the introductory offers in your organisation, click the link below:
Want to deliver these qualifications in your centre? Register your interest today, or click here to find out how to get started!
The sessions use dance to teach young people how to lead physical activity sessions and develop their employability skills.
To find out more about our range of Dance Leadership qualifications, download the information pack or product specification below.