Learner of the Year 2022 – How to get involved -
Nominations for the Learner of the Year 2022 are now closed. Thank you to all who applied.
The aim of the Learner of the Year Awards is to celebrate and champion the achievements and progress made by learners during their time completing a Sports Leaders course.
In order to be in the running to win one of this year’s awards, nominated learners will need to reflect on what their development means to them as an individual and within their community, as well as recognising the steps they have made to use the skills they have developed to affect their school and/or personal life in a positive way.
Stage 1: The Nomination Process
1. The application window is now open for nominations for leaders certificated in 2020/21 or currently studying in the 2021/22 academic year (attending active SLQ Centres).
2. An advocate* at your Centre completes a short Nomination Form to:
- Nominate up to three learners from your Centre.
- Give a short explanation of why they have been nominated (up to 150 words for each learner)
- Request that the nominated learner completes the Learner Nomination Survey
* The advocate can be the Tutor/Assessor, the CCM, another teacher/lecturer at your Centre, the head/principle or any other responsible person at your Centre.
3. Learner Nomination - The learner completes a short Learner Nomination Survey to describe their learner journey.
4. Both the Nomination Form and the Learner Nomination Survey need to be submitted by Friday 29th April at 5pm to complete your nominations for the Learner of the Year 2022.
Stage 2: Shortlisting for Learner of the Year – Learner journey videos
1. After the nomination window closes, a shortlist of learners will be selected and contacted by Friday 13th May.
2. Shortlisted learners will then be required to complete a Learner Journey video. We’ll contact the shortlisted learners’ advocates to create a 90 seconds video where the learner describes their progress through the Sports Leaders course, what it means to them and how it has enabled them to realise their potential in their education and/or personal endeavours. Once we have received the Learner journey video, the shortlisted Learners will be eligible to awarded the Learner of the Year. Deadline for submiting the shortlist Learner Journey video will be Friday 27th May.
3. The Learner of the Year Decision Panel will meet in early June to review the videos and choose this year’s finalists and winner.
4. After the judging has been completed, SLQ Sports Leaders will announce the winners in mid June.
Please note that all dates are subject to change. For more information, check out 2021's finalists and winner here.
We look forward to receiving your nominations and find out more about the amazing journeys of your learners!