Here are just a few of the benefits of a Sports Leaders UK award or qualification your school or organisation
Date printed: 29/05/2017
- A nationally recognised qualification which complements the delivery of other programmes of study such as Key Stage 4 National Curriculum in Physical Education, 'A' Level PE, BTEC in Sport and Recreation.
- Complements other Government agendas such as 'Every Child Matters', 'PESSYP', Healthy Schools etc.
- Provides training for volunteers who can lead sport and recreation activities within lunchtime and after school clubs, sports festivals and tournaments, holiday schemes, community sports events.
- Creates an army of experienced and enthusiastic volunteers to help within your organisation.
- Improves behaviour through increased self-confidence and self-worth.
- Gives learners the opportunity to take responsibility, creating young people who are able to act in a mature and responsible way.
- Increased understanding and empathy with others helps to create a supportive and co-operative atmosphere.