Our nationally-recognised qualification, created in partnership with the Association for Physical Education (afPE), enables delegates to become specialists in supporting the emotional and social wellbeing of pupils through physical education.
What does the Qualification involve?
Teaching physical eduation is key to supporting the emotional wellbeing of pupils through the curriculum and we believe that those teaching this crucial subject should feel confident in their delivery.
With such a high importance placed on physical activity and education, we have worked closely with the Association for Physical Education (afPE) to develop this qualification, which increases the delegate's knowledge and understanding of the subject.
By ensuring that all children and young people have access to a high quality offer that supports their physical health and emotional wellbeing, this places physical education, sport and physical activity at the heart of school life.
Key Qualification Outcomes
By completing the qualification, delegates will be able to: -
- Explain the importance of emotional and social wellbeing to pupils' education and wider development
- Recognise current challenges to pupils' emotional and social wellbeing
- Advocate the role of physical education in promoting pupils' emotional and social wellbeing
- Plan, implement and evaluate physical education approaches that:
- support pupils' emotional and social wellbeing with their own practice
- enable pupils to take care of their own emotional and social wellbeing
- assist colleagues to support pupils' emotional and social wellbeing in physical education
- Contribute to promotion of pupils' emotional and social wellbeing across the school
How do I study for the qualification?
The qualification has been designed to be delivered by either face-to-face study or blended learning, making use of virtual channels for knowledge acquisition supported by traditional assessment.
This qualification is open to primary and secondary school teachers with Qualified Teaching Status (QTS) involved in the teaching of physical education.
Please find the details of available courses below:
|Date||Time||PLC contact details|
Find out more about the qualification by accessing the resources below. If you are considering delivering the qualification to delegates, please take a look at the following links.