Go Lead is a nationally recognised and accredited leadership award.
Delivered flexibly over as little as 7 hours, it gives young people an introduction to leadership and the skills to lead basic activity sessions under direct supervision.
On completing the award young people will gain:
- A new understanding of how they can use leadership skills in their day-to-day work or college lives
- The knowledge, skills and competencies to lead basic activity sessions under direct supervision
Go Lead can be delivered in any community, corporate or education setting.
Go Lead with NCS
Go Lead is perfect for organisations looking to give their learners a taste for leadership and works perfectly to kick-start week 2 of an NCS programme!
Watch our short film to see how Go Lead is a cost effective addition to Phase 2 of NCS Programmes.
A 2016 survey of Local Delivery Providers (LDPs) delivering Go Lead as part of their NCS programme found that:
- 71% of young people felt better prepared for progressions to their next step (employment, further/higher education, apprenticeships)
- Young people's likelihood to volunteer int he community increased by 35% following completing the Go Lead award
- 84% of young people were more confident in their abilities
- 86% of tutors felt that the resources full equipped them to deliver the award
Unit 1 - What is a Leader?
Unit 2 - Communication
Unit 3 - Organisation
Unit 4 - Working with others
Unit 5 - Improvising
Unit 6 - Inclusion
Unit 7 - Putting it into practice
Unit 8 - Where to and what next?
Recommended age: 16 and over
Course length: 7 hours (approximately)
Assessment: There is no formal assessment.
Just £16 per learner